Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Hey all,
This is my first ever published webpage, it is a blog/new on my music site. I used rapidweaver and HTML. I was going for a simple look, what do you think? http://www.lunchboxmc.cjb.net

Oh and how do I check my stats on .mac or http://www.cjb.net?
Thanks
Patmian212
AKA Lunchbox

EDIT: my page shows up, but for some reason when I click on homepage on .mac it asks me to create one, like mine doesnt exist but rapidweaver uploaded it and the page works fine. any ideas?

L

Lau

Patmian212 said:
Hey all,
This is my first ever published webpage, it is a blog/new on my music site. I used rapidweaver and HTML. I was going for a simple look, what do you think? http://www.lunchboxmc.cjb.net

Oh and how do I check my stats on .mac or http://www.cjb.net?
Thanks
Patmian212
AKA Lunchbox

I like the look of it, it's simple as you say. Maybe not very MC like though? It looks more like a blog, or a business site. But I think better to have it simple, than something over cluttered.

The one thing I would change is the written paragraph. There's a couple of typos (like in your name at the end), but I would stick to the first person or the third person, rather than a mixture of both! There's nothing wrong with saying "We've done this" and "check out his music, etc" which makes it look as if it's a bigger team than just you, but then i would keep it that way all the way through the paragraph. And if you do that, don't sign it with your name! The other option is to say "I'm an MC" and "drop me a line" etc, and then sign it with your name.

See below for the different first person, third person bits -

Hey Peeps,
The site is finally up. Took a while but here we are!
For all of y'all who have never heard of Lunchbox
I'm a young DJ and MC gettin started. Check out
mymusic and lyrics and drop him at line. Feedback
is always appreciated. We are still under-construction
so check back for updates.
Peace,
Luncbox

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Lau said:
I like the look of it, it's simple as you say. Maybe not very MC like though? It looks more like a blog, or a business site. But I think better to have it simple, than something over cluttered.

The one thing I would change is the written paragraph. There's a couple of typos (like in your name at the end), but I would stick to the first person or the third person, rather than a mixture of both! There's nothing wrong with saying "We've done this" and "check out his music, etc" which makes it look as if it's a bigger team than just you, but then i would keep it that way all the way through the paragraph. And if you do that, don't sign it with your name! The other option is to say "I'm an MC" and "drop me a line" etc, and then sign it with your name.

See below for the different first person, third person bits -

Hey Peeps,
The site is finally up. Took a while but here we are!
For all of y'all who have never heard of Lunchbox
I'm a young DJ and MC gettin started. Check out
mymusic and lyrics and drop him at line. Feedback
is always appreciated. We are still under-construction
so check back for updates.
Peace,
Luncbox
Horrible proof reading skills thanks for bringing it to my attention

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
The layout is really clean and elegant. I like it. :)

Is there anything you can do with the css or whatever in RapidWeaver so that it doesn't have to dip to a blank white screen in between page loads? That is, when you click on Biography at the top, for instance, the whole thing gets reloaded and so it flashes a blank white page, essentially, in the process of doing that.

Not a big deal, though. :)

Of course, you know we're calling you lunchbox from now on, Mr. Smalls. :D

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
mkrishnan said:
The layout is really clean and elegant. I like it. :)

Is there anything you can do with the css or whatever in RapidWeaver so that it doesn't have to dip to a blank white screen in between page loads? That is, when you click on Biography at the top, for instance, the whole thing gets reloaded and so it flashes a blank white page, essentially, in the process of doing that.

Not a big deal, though. :)

Of course, you know we're calling you lunchbox from now on, Mr. Smalls. :D
hehehe no problem with calling me lunchbox, I actually really like it.

Can anyone answer my .mac question?

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
eva01 said:
does rapidweaver use themes?

http://www.masuran.org/

that looks exactly alike :eek:

I have never used the program and don't know much about it, so i am just asking the question ^_^
Just downloaded it now, and on the dmg background it says "Themes & Plugins From 3rd Party Developers", so I presume so

EDIT: This looks quite a nice peice of software. Thanks for the inadvertant recommendation ;)

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Quick question, my page shows up, but for some reason when I click on homepage on .mac it asks me to create one, like mine doesnt exist but rapidweaver uploaded it and the page works fine. any ideas? I just want to be able to check stats.

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
Without using a .Mac template, .Mac won't recognize the pages you built and you can't use their online software for editing or a page counter. You'll want to look into StatCounter or another statistics service for stats, and you'll have to continue to edit your pages using Rapidweaver (which shouldn't be too much of a problem, eh?).
-Chase

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
are you a gangsta?
i suguest getting your own domain and buying hosting
they way your expandibility and options are endless

looks good for now though

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
I think the site is very nice-- good job. FYI, the pictures cause firefox 1.5 on tiger to freak out-- when you mouseover them they flicker and move back and forth an inch or two and they dont expand. Notwithstanding that obscure flaw, I think the site is very professional looking and well done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.