Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anitak1982

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2017
West Central Ohio
I only have the iPhone X because he bought it for me as a Christmas Present. I love this phone so much. He asked me today if I would be interested in selling my 10 and buying the 11. I told him no I am not interested. Here are my reasons.
1. I only have $99 left to have this paid off
2. My iPhone X is in mint condition
3. I don't think I would like the 11 because it is bigger than the iPhone x
4. I love the look of the Oleg screen.
5. I said, why fix what isn't broken.

We are retired and I am also quite excited to no longer have a payment.

6. A dumb reason, I am unhappy they don't have a pink choice in the new colors.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
The equivalent to the iPhone X is going to be the iPhone 11 Pro, which has the same form factor and size as the iPhone X and XS. The iPhone 11 is the equivalent of last year's iPhone XR, which is indeed larger and also doesn't have quite the same features and functionality. The price tag is lower, too! If you're happy with your iPhone X, then just hang on to it and wait to see what is available next year.....

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
I have a coral XR and also was bummed to see no pink 11 lol I guess it doesn't much matter as I was set on an 11 Pro anyhow this go around.

The new lavender is pretty but it is no pink! :)

Reactions: anitak1982

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
If your happy with the X I don’t see any issues with keeping it. As other stated, the 11 pro is the phone that is the upgraded version of the X so that would be the way to go if you like the form factor and want a new device.

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2018
Around
I think she meant the 11 Pro guys.

I am actually surprising my partner with an 11 pro, he has an X now. His birthday is on the 23rd so why not.
Hey, if bills are paid and you're doing fine, why not? So will this be his bday gift?

What I don't like are people who feel like they need to justify not upgrading when deep inside they want too and are just jealous.

Reactions: kupkakez

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Hey, if bills are paid and you're doing fine, why not? So will this be his bday gift?

What I don't like are people who feel like they need to justify not upgrading when deep inside they want too and are just jealous.

Yeah I’m making it his bday gift which he is not expecting whatsoever.

And yes that’s what I always say, if bills are paid, why not? I work hard and this is one of my guilty pleasures every year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.