Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kris-hm

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2014
I just recently bought a new iPad 5 model and it came with iOS 10.3.3.
iOS 11 just came out and i wanted to test it so without testing the device at all i went ahead and updated to iOS 11 same day. The next day i noticed the bluetooth wasnt working properly. When i turn it on the little circle just keeps spinning and never discovers any devices. At this point i downgraded the iOS back to 10.3.3 but this did not resolve the issue. I also tried to reset network settings, reset all settings and i restored it from recovery mode inside of iTunes. None of these resolved the issue. I also tried resetting my device to see if that would fix it (the device i was trying to connect to, not the iPad itself) but this did not work either. The device was working properly with my iPhone anyway but i tried just to make sure. I had only had the iPad for 2 days so i contacted my carrier who i bought it from brand new and they said i shouldnt have updated it... and then they said they would look and try to find me another iPad as though it would be difficult to find one. Ive had this thing for a week now and my carrier hasnt gotten back to me at all. In any case i dont want to get another one if i dont have to. Id rather just make this one work if i can. Has anyone got any other ideas i can try with this thing that wont void the warranty? Anyone run into a similar issue before and was able to resolve it by a different method than the ones ive posted above? Or perhaps something ive tried but done differently?
Any help is appreciated.
[doublepost=1506854658][/doublepost]The iPad works fine otherwise. Personal hotspot works, wifi works, everything else works from what i can tell. Just not the bluetooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.