Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkles61785

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
When I woke up this morning, the backlight on my iPhone 11 pro Max was not working. There was no change when increasing the brightness to 100%, disabling auto-brightness, and turning off the screen (with the power button). The problem was resolved after I restarted the phone. Do you think my phone’s hardware is faulty or is this a potential 13.1 bug? Has this happened to anyone else?

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
There's no backlight with OLED. It's probably a software bug that hopefully will be fixed with subsequent iOS releases. Or, return if you want to play it safe so you're not stuck with a lemon beyond 14 day return period.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I would assume a software bug, but see if it happens again. Like said above, there is no backlight.

sparkles61785

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
When I woke up this morning, the backlight on my iPhone 11 pro Max was not working. There was no change when increasing the brightness to 100%, disabling auto-brightness, and turning off the screen (with the power button). The problem was resolved after I restarted the phone. Do you think my phone’s hardware is faulty or is this a potential 13.1 bug? Has this happened to anyone else?
Right, that makes sense! I’ll see if there’s a way to report it to Apple. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.