Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dsmith7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2021
Since the update my battery is garbage. I don't work in a great signal area but had to charge my phone 2 times yesterday and top it off last night. I have turned off everything i can turn off to help the drain but this is ridiculous. Any advice or help. Battery health also went from 98 to 95 percent in 8 days

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Since the update my battery is garbage. I don't work in a great signal area but had to charge my phone 2 times yesterday and top it off last night. I have turned off everything i can turn off to help the drain but this is ridiculous. Any advice or help. Battery health also went from 98 to 95 percent in 8 days
Look under settings, battery then scroll down to see what is using your battery. On my phone I found Facebook was using quite a bit of battery running in the background, but they since updated the app.

Dsmith7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2021
Look under settings, battery then scroll down to see what is using your battery. On my phone I found Facebook was using quite a bit of battery running in the background, but they since updated the app.
I don't have the Facebook app installed. My biggest user is my web browser alook. Everything else in under 10%

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
How long ago did you update? Normally there’s a period of about a few days where battery life kind of sucks till the update finishes indexing or whatever.

You mentioned not having good signal. That will also drain your battery. If your signal is worse with iOS 16, then that could be your problem.

Dsmith7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2021
How long ago did you update? Normally there’s a period of about a few days where battery life kind of sucks till the update finishes indexing or whatever.

You mentioned not having good signal. That will also drain your battery. If your signal is worse with iOS 16, then that could be your problem.
Signal is weak but not weak enough to not watch netflix or youtube tv. Don't really watch much tv anyway on my phone. I updated the day ios 16.1 came out on the 22nd. Everything should be optimized by now

Reactions: russell_314

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Signal is weak but not weak enough to not watch netflix or youtube tv. Don't really watch much tv anyway on my phone. I updated the day ios 16.1 came out on the 22nd. Everything should be optimized by now
I’m guessing you mean iOS 16.0.1 unless you’re running the beta. There seem to be some battery drain issues with some people running iOS 16. I haven’t experienced it with mine but I have other bugs so maybe I’m just lucky not to get that one.

Do you think maybe you’re using your phone more causing it to drain more? Sometimes that happens when people want to try new features or whatever.

You could try resetting your iPhone but make sure you have everything backed up.

Dsmith7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2021
I’m guessing you mean iOS 16.0.1 unless you’re running the beta. There seem to be some battery drain issues with some people running iOS 16. I haven’t experienced it with mine but I have other bugs so maybe I’m just lucky not to get that one.

Do you think maybe you’re using your phone more causing it to drain more? Sometimes that happens when people want to try new features or whatever.

You could try resetting your iPhone but make sure you have everything backed up.
Yes, im sorry, ios 16.0.2. I don't think I'm using it anymore than normal. Just weird to go from 100% to 20-25% in 5 hours

• Wow
Reactions: russell_314

nextgeneric

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2011
You can add me to the list of people having major battery issues on the iPhone 12 Pro. Running 16.0.2. Never used to have to charge during the day, but I find myself having to plug in halfway through the day to keep myself from running out of juice. Pre iOS 16 I used to go to bed with 50-60%. Post iOS 16 use, will generally go to bed with 20-30%, and that's with the charge at midday.

• Angry
Reactions: Dsmith7

vince22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2013
installed iOS16.1 beta3 IPSW file DFU mode, no issues here, iPhone 12 Pro Max with battery health 87%.

zidarko

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2020
That may be but losing few percents every 10 minutes is a bit steep when on the home WiFi with 5G disabled.

iPhone 12 Pro user. Fully updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.