Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mishabella

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
Cali
So I have had my iPhone pro max 512gb for 2 days now and those two days would be glorious IF the damn thing would use it’s crazy e-sim and allow it to function.

I have called Verizon and spent about 5 hours on the phone with them, erased both my old phone and the new one, installed fresh iOS on both and the iPhone 14 pro still doe not want to work. UGH!!

To make matters worse, while Verizon was messing with all off the lines on my account, my Apple Watch, husband’s new iPhone 14, and my old iPhone 12 are disconnected and no one knows what is going on over at Verizon.

Trying to set up a new phone has turned into a disaster.
I would love any suggestions, help, warm thoughts, virtual hugs… Just anything.

Thanks MR peeps!

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
I’m terribly sorry this has happened to you. I think most don’t have issues with the esim only phones. But personally I won’t own an esim only phone unless there were absolutely no other option. For now I’m sticking with the HK dual nano sim phones, it’s sooo much easier to deal with 😀. While Kaiju continues to impose its will upon us, I’ll do my best to stay outside of its new swath

Last edited:

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
So I have had my iPhone pro max 512gb for 2 days now and those two days would be glorious IF the damn thing would use it’s crazy e-sim and allow it to function.

I have called Verizon and spent about 5 hours on the phone with them, erased both my old phone and the new one, installed fresh iOS on both and the iPhone 14 pro still doe not want to work. UGH!!

To make matters worse, while Verizon was messing with all off the lines on my account, my Apple Watch, husband’s new iPhone 14, and my old iPhone 12 are disconnected and no one knows what is going on over at Verizon.

Thanks MR peeps!
Take it to the Apple Store. If that’s not possible take it to the Verizon store.

Reactions: Mishabella

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Considering they only put a plastic piece inside where sim tray was, this whole esim only thing looks more and more ironic day by day.
Ask apple and see what they can do. Surely the third one would be fine, right? Worst case scenario, switch providers.

RUQRU

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2011
***WITSEC***

Thanks MR peeps!
Funny, I WENT to Verizon because Spectrum bricked two of our phones!
My wife got her 14PM activated in less the 15 minutes at a Verizon store. I did mine over the phone and it took about 1/2 hour.

Glad your's worked out too!

fridayxiii

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Tampa Bay, FL
Funny, I WENT to Verizon because Spectrum bricked two of our phones!
My wife got her 14PM activated in less the 15 minutes at a Verizon store. I did mine over the phone and it took about 1/2 hour.

Glad your's worked out too!
Spectrum Mobile is a nightmare for activations. It took 4 - 5 hours to activate my 14 PM on delivery day; I ended up doing it myself in spite of Spectrum. I got an AW 8 last Friday and nobody could activate it either due to authentication issues on the Spectrum site. After a full 24 hours it finally worked, for no apparent reason.

I love Spectrum's plan rates but activations are a clusterflop. I might stay until my next upgrade but I'll be changing to a major carrier before I get another device & go through that circus again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.