Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afwk2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2021
Is theres a way to brute force activate it with a third party program or something? Doesnt matter if I cant use 4G, ill just use wifi. I just need some files back like my contacts and songs from a backup.

Samdh90

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2021
It should activate over wifi if you connect to a wifi network within the welcome setup.

afwk2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2021
It should activate over wifi if you connect to a wifi network within the welcome setup.
I cant. I tried everything. Connected to my pc and all. It just says Unable to activate on the phone, and in my itunes it says that iPhone Could Not Be Activated Because the Activation Information Could Not Be Obtained from the Device

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I cant. I tried everything. Connected to my pc and all. It just says Unable to activate on the phone, and in my itunes it says that iPhone Could Not Be Activated Because the Activation Information Could Not Be Obtained from the Device
Did you use Recovery Mode? If not, take a look at the info in this Support article:

Reactions: Samdh90

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
iPhone 7 can have loop disease which makes it appear that the phone won’t connect to a network. Try rebooting it, log into it, then set it aside and come back 15 minutes later to see if it will connect to anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.