Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayJaydon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2018
So my iPhone 7 is on a boot loop and my home button is not working. this all started a couple days ago when I was coming out of the car and i dropped it and the phone completely turned off and went on a boot loop and after i got it back on (pure luck). the home button stopped working and i was using Assistive Touch until today it started the boot loop again after i restarted it can anyone help.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
That sounds like a hardware issue with the logic board. Might require hardware fix.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So my iPhone 7 is on a boot loop and my home button is not working. this all started a couple days ago when I was coming out of the car and i dropped it and the phone completely turned off and went on a boot loop and after i got it back on (pure luck). the home button stopped working and i was using Assistive Touch until today it started the boot loop again after i restarted it can anyone help.

Internals are damaged. It’s likely not repairable depending the extent , and will ultimately need to be replaced.

Last edited:

ayJaydon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2018
Take it to Apple and explain your problem. They might have some fix.
I took it to apple and they said I can make an appointment and they would be able to look at it and tell me what's wrong get back to you guys soon.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The repair costs $319.

Dropping the phone can cause the connecting pins on the logic board to tear away. The Apple Store will hand you a replacement device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.