Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkwuc89

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Powell, OH
I bought my iPhone at an AT&T store in Columbus, OH around 7:30 PM last Friday. At the same time, I purchased 3 Motorola Razr phones for my family and I signed up for AT&T's Family Plan. One of the lines in my Family Plan was a port from Verizon. That port went through almost instantaneously.

I got home and started the iPhone activation around 9:45 PM ET. My activation involved adding an additional line to my new Family Plan. This new line was a port from an existing line from my Verizon account. At 9:57 PM ET, I received an e-mail from the iTunes Stored stating, "AT&T is now processing your activation".

At 5:47 AM ET on June 30th, I received an e-mail from the iTunes store stating, "Congratulations, AT&T is now transferring your existing mobile number to this iPhone". At 5:48 AM ET on June 30th, I received an e-mail from the iTunes store stating, "Congratulations, AT&T is now transferring your existing mobile number to this iPhone". At that time, I could use all of the features of the iPhone except receiving calls.

At around 4:00 PM ET on June 30th, I called AT&T to inquire about the number transfer. An Apple rep joined the call and stated that due to the very large amount of number transfers, it was taking longer to process my transfer. I was also told that the transfer should be complete on the morning of July 1st.

At 9:00 AM on July 1st, I called my mobile number to see if it went to my Verizon phone or to my iPhone. The call came through to my iPhone, making my activation and my number transfer complete.

At 5:48 AM on July 2nd, I received an e-mail from the iTunes Store stating, "Congratulations, AT&T has successfully transferred your existing mobile number."

osiodmak

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

AT&T appears to be having problems with existing AT&T (Cingular) customers more than with new customers. I have been waiting over 22 hours thus far. When I call they say that everything is provisioned to go ... But nothing is happening. The last CSR I spoke with indicated that their systems were simply not prepared to deal with the volume of activations they received. You would think with all the attention the iPhone was receiving they would have been better prepared.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.