Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Box2secure

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2021
don’t know if there’s a huge worry over the flicker oled thing like I said even on lowest brightness mine do not flicker I mean with the literal eye no flicker at all lest on camera slow mo view or on YouTube with that same low brightness pls is it a huge concern for me to discard my still functioning iPhone XS Max

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
don’t know if there’s a huge worry over the flicker oled thing like I said even on lowest brightness mine do not flicker I mean with the literal eye no flicker at all lest on camera slow mo view or on YouTube with that same low brightness pls is it a huge concern for me to discard my still functioning iPhone XS Max

If you are not irritated by it and can enjoy the device, do so and stop looking for issues - would be my recommendation.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
All OLED screens flicker to some degree. Some people are bothered by it (a lot) while others don’t develop any symptoms. If it doesn’t bother you, count yourself lucky and keep on using it. No worries about it hurting you. You’ll know when it does.

Display flickering causing physical symptoms is similar to going sailing on a sailboat. Some people get deathly seasick while others feel perfectly fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.