Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogercorke

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I've just got a new iPhone 12 mini. When I open up the camera, I can see an image on the screen and, when I press the round white shutter button, it makes the noise iPhones make when they take pictures. But no picture is actually taken and no small image appears in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. But when I take a screenshot, I record an image on the camera with no problem. I suspect this is a settings problem rather than a hardware problem. I have already done a full restore and that didn't solve the problem. Help, please!

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Also the volume down button will trigger the shutter. Try that.

The camera normally always works. Especially after a reset.
Maybe a hardware problem.

rogercorke

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
That will allow me to take the picture but I still can't see it. I've just discovered another problem: if I slide the switch from photo to portrait, the image on the screen goes out of focus and when I slide it back to photo again it remains out of focus. It seems to stay that way but, if I keep tapping the screen it goes back to being in focus after five or six taps. Weird, eh?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.