Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
On Activity on iPhone both my Heart Month award and my Ring in the New Year Challenge award are gone! No section in there at all for 'limited edition'

On my Watch (both of them) only my Heart Month award is listed under that category. Am I to expect it, too, will disappear once March comes? If so, what's the point of earning the blasted thing if it's gonna disappear where I can't even admire it later?

I rebooted both the Watch and iPhone no dice.

IMG_0131.jpeg

Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 3.34.37 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackBun

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
That happened to some other members earlier. Maybe when they moved to Watch is 6. The good news is that they eventually came back for most users

Last edited:

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
Mine wasn't due to any update though like from what I've read elsewhere. All those seem to be related to iOS 12 updates but my phone and watch are on the same version since out of box and I don't update stuff anymore.

I wonder if you actually have to keep this app up to date to maintain awards? That wouild suck. My 'normal' monthly awards and activity medals seem to be fine, but Limited Edition ones seem well, limited visibility.

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
This happens sometimes. It happened to me a month or so ago when I restarted my watch. Just give it a day or two, they should come back.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
The category is still entirely MIA on the phone (I even attempted to force stop the app and reload, and tried to swipe to refresh but that action apparently doesn't exist)

If my Heart Month award vanishes come March I'll just disable anything to do with earning the blasted things since they just end up vanishing! Makes me very angry. I can turn off the notifications and I'll just pretend they don't exist.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
With all the trouble that would be (initial pairing was not an easy thing for me. It was a rigamorole. after it scanned that pattern on the watch it got stuck in an update loop where it never went anywhere. Then I reset the watch again and then the phone refused to talk to it, since it figured the watch was already paired but the watch, fully reset, had forgotten. I don't even know what combo of actions I did to finally pair the darned thing.)

I decided these 'limited edition' awards are simply not worth the effort.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
With all the trouble that would be (initial pairing was not an easy thing for me. It was a rigamorole. after it scanned that pattern on the watch it got stuck in an update loop where it never went anywhere. Then I reset the watch again and then the phone refused to talk to it, since it figured the watch was already paired but the watch, fully reset, had forgotten. I don't even know what combo of actions I did to finally pair the darned thing.)

I decided these 'limited edition' awards are simply not worth the effort.
Agh, that’s awful I’m sorry. I wish you the best of luck though, hopefully they’ll decide to reappear soon.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
If they just show up on the watch (and not the iPhone) that's fine as well. If, however, my Heart Month award disappears come March, I'll just forego them and turn off the 'special awards' feature in the watch app. yeah, it is a shame.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The category is still entirely MIA on the phone (I even attempted to force stop the app and reload, and tried to swipe to refresh but that action apparently doesn't exist)

If my Heart Month award vanishes come March I'll just disable anything to do with earning the blasted things since they just end up vanishing! Makes me very angry. I can turn off the notifications and I'll just pretend they don't exist.

Considering your screenshot from the iPhone ... I noticed your February challenge shows 12/26 ... is this not needing to be completed?

Either way why not contact Apple Support see what they have to say?

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
February Challenge is different from Heart Month. The "February Challenge" is not a "limited edition" award. There are monthly challenges each month as well as 'special' challenges. Heart Month is the latter--I got it by closing my exercise ring from the 8th to the 14th. The "February Challenge" is doing 26 workouts of 15 minutes in length or more during February. I have not lost any of the 'monthly' challenges I've earned.

Same for the Ring in the New Year Challenge badge I lost. I still have my "January Challenge" which is just a normal monthly challenge different from the Limited Edition category.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
After recently using my Apple Watch again after a few month hiatus, I've noticed that while all my normal monthly challenges are still there (the ones I completed) and workout medals are present, but now the 'limited edition' category is completely absent.

That's pretty much the last time I bother. I must've confirmed my theory--limited editions do in fact disappear after some time, making them utterly pointless.

Haven't checked the iPhone yet, but on the watch, it's just showing these categories:

Competitions, Monthly Challenges, Close your Rings, and Workouts.

EDIT: Yup, Limited Edition completely missing in iPhone 6S. Same four categories only.

Last edited:

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I got my 1st AW Dec 10 2015, "limited editions" badges start showing up for 2017 and later, my "monthly challenges start showing up for Nov 2017 and later, my "perfect month" start showing up for Feb 2016 and later ...

I obviously do not remember if I earned badges for the time period but given that I started to earn "perfect month" in Feb 2016 I think I did ... so something is missing, but tbh I do not care about the actual badges, I care that the AW made me overall fitter and I do more exercising now at 61 that I did ever in my life.
The only badge I do care about is my longest move streak, it's at 1,810 days now :)

PS I only look this up on the phone, can't bother to look at the watch for this long list ...

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
The limited edition ones were always different though and offered quite unique challenges so earning them made me happy. The standard monthly challenges and such are not as fun to get. But once they started randomly disappearing and then being completely gone (the entire category is gone now) made me so upset and still does. I wasn't aware they are supposed to disappear after some time. I mean, what was the point in getting them if they only stay a few months?

catean

Suspended
Jun 16, 2013
London, UK
Nick, what happened in the end ? I can see the entire category drissaperead on my wife's Apple Watch but it appears ins the iPhone . Rebooted with no success.

Reactions: BlackBun

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
Nick, what happened in the end ? I can see the entire category drissaperead on my wife's Apple Watch but it appears ins the iPhone . Rebooted with no success.
What happened is me switching to the Galaxy Watch 3, which at least hangs onto the medals you get (called Achievements). The health app is superior as well. Even data that goes back to the original Samsung Galaxy Gear is still there!

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
Nope. I tried to use my 6S and Watch Series 5 earlier this year and they were ALL gone, on both phone and watch--entire category missing. Didn't matter how long I let it sync. It never recovered, so I switched to Samsung, who's alghorithm is healthier (no more trying to kill me), ECG actually works (Apple kept giving 'inconclusive'), fall detection no longer false-positives when using hammers or clapping or swatting flies, and the app looks far better and is more fun.

Best part is all the awards dating back to my first Galaxy S4 still exist. And I've earned new ones since May, all there.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
On Activity on iPhone both my Heart Month award and my Ring in the New Year Challenge award are gone! No section in there at all for 'limited edition'

On my Watch (both of them) only my Heart Month award is listed under that category. Am I to expect it, too, will disappear once March comes? If so, what's the point of earning the blasted thing if it's gonna disappear where I can't even admire it later?

I rebooted both the Watch and iPhone no dice.

View attachment 894425

View attachment 894426

how are you able to view this screen for a screenshot? I’ve been digging everywhere in iOS Health app and not finding this.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
My iPhone was a 6S. It just used the 'hold power and home button' to take a screenshot just like a 3GS. On a gesture-controlled model, not sure. Never could figure out how to work that crap

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.