Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

annamcevoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2018
Hello,
I was wondering if I could get some help with my MacBook Air 13”. It crashed on Friday and I called Apple support to help me try to reboot it. This worked and I updated the computer and it seemed to be working fine for a few days. However yesterday it again crashed and this time would only bring me to my log in screen and then when I would type in my password it would crash again. Then this morning it started making the noise like it was going to turn on (nothing on the screen) and then crash. And now it won’t make noise and no lights will turn on. I’ve tried all the key combinations (single user mode, recover mode, safe mode, resetting NVRAM) to reboot and nothing is working. Its fully charged with my original charger, and when I plug it in the charging cable light turns green. I desperately need the files off this computer and am wondering if there’s anything I can do to salvage them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.