Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NikFinn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
MA
So today, as some of you may know (most probably don't) I traded my MBP for what I thought was a 1.86hz/120hdd mba. I was a little disappointed because I really wanted the SSD version but I figured I could just buy one in the future. I met with the person outside a cafe, and luckily she wasn't the craigslist killer. While inspecting the MBA, which she received as a gift, I noticed something strange. Under the system profiler, it showed it had an SSD (!) I tried to hold back the smile, but just looked like an idiot. After going home and restoring from time machine backup I booted up coconut battery. It has 6 cycles in 10 months. (She told me that she only turned it on a few times, guess she wasn't kidding). Anyways, I'm now the proud owner of a rev b. 1.86/128gb. It certainly made my day and can't wait to use it a whole lot more. :D

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
Congrats dude. sounds like you got a great deal! Rock on for scoring a great machine.

a little tip, I'll buy old macs on eBay that people list incorrectly. Check the "powerbook G4" section of ebay but the pic is a unibody 15" i'll email the person for the model number and realize it's a 2.4Ghz last gen unibody. I'll buy it for cheap (cause no one is bidding on it) and resell it for the correct value in the right category.

it's a good way to find great machines for very cheap. You made out lucky. enjoy the SSD version!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.