Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattDell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
London, UK
Not more than 20 minutes ago, I was scrolling down at another web site. In mid-scroll, it just stops! I thought my browser froze, so I tried clicking on other tabs within it. Nothing. I tried closing the browser. Nothing. Then I tried clicking outside of the browser. Nothing. Then it hit me, the BUTTONS don't work (nor does the scroll ball, mind you)! :mad:

I haven't thought this mouse worked properly since the day I got it. It doesn't track right, feels sluggish and heavy... my girlfriend has a Mighty Mouse and using hers is like using a completely different mouse!

I want to exchange mine under warranty. What do I have to do to get things started?

-Matt

(Apple's site was of little use)

MattDell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
London, UK
I went to go file a warranty claim and they wanted my serial number for the mouse. The serial number is under the batteries. So, I take out the batteries, type in the serial number, put the batteries back in... then I got to thinkin'... "I never did try turning the mouse on/off."

Yeah. It works now. :cool:

-Matt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.