Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sam/B

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
Newport - South Wales
How does this design look to other people on here? Anything come to mind that would improve it or any obvious mistakes i've not spotted yet? I'm toying around with the idea of adding some gold/yellow in their somewhere but not sure where, i'm still experimenting and I know alot of people have a good eye for design on here..

Any suggestions before I have it printed onto a tshirt? It's not quite finished yet i'm still fiddling around with it but i'm planning to get it done beginning of next month some time and was just hoping for opinions.

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
Random capitalization:

For example: Bonneville is capitalized but salt flats is not.
The bottom looks squished and the layout for the stats between one bike and another is confusing when it's compared to the name of the person who—I'm assuming—rode both bikes.

Sam/B

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
Newport - South Wales
I was debating with myself wether or not it was too confusing because to me it reads fine but someone else I can see it is a tad confusing. It's actually the same bike in the list, I was going for the specification of the original bike on the left straight out the factory doors that done 55mph and the same modified bike on the right that done an estimated 200+

http://www.indianmotorbikes.com/features/munro/munro.htm

is their a better font i could try for the white text? At the moment i'm using Myriad for the white motorcycle text and the bottom bit

ind5dr.jpg

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
Sam/B said:
is their a better font i could try for the white text? At the moment i'm using Myriad for the white motorcycle text and the bottom bit

Just check the spacing, it just looks squished in some places, although that might just an artifact. I think the column works, you just have some confusing points at the top. Try something like:

Burt Munro (1899 - 1978)
1920 Indian Scout
1966 land speed record: 183.586 MPH

Original Bike Stats 1966 Modifications

Burt and the like should be centered, also get rid of the - before and after the bikes, it doesn't work as a graphical flourish.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
The font for the 'details' looks very squished to me, it's almost hard to read. You want it to be something easy for people to read just when looking at your shirt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.