Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geruvah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
It's nowhere in my Applications folder.

Last edited:

nyolc8

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2012
Or maybe you upgraded from Lion or Snow Leopard and somehow the iChat app doesn't got replaced... Try to reinstall ML.

Geruvah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
thats ... weird! did you download ur ML? u can quickly check by clicking on the apple logo on the top left and see the OS version...

Nope. This here's a brand new rMBP. It came with Mountain Lion.

Geruvah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
You don't have Mountain Lion then.

The more I think about it, the more this COULD be it. I bought the laptop yesterday and walked out of the store, but I didn't get anything about upgrading to Mountain Lion, so naturally, I assume I have ML. I'll check it when I get home.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
The more I think about it, the more this COULD be it. I bought the laptop yesterday and walked out of the store, but I didn't get anything about upgrading to Mountain Lion, so naturally, I assume I have ML. I'll check it when I get home.

I think you found the answer. I was at a Best Buy yesterday and the rMBP's on display were running 10.7.4, not saying none are now running ML, but the simplest explanation is usually right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.