Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
Wow that looks absolutely mint even the books are pristine. Good ebay find there can't be more than a handful like that around now?

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
Can I ask what You gave for it? In my last thread I explained my //c and want to know about what it is worth.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
That is a damn sexy computer Blakespot. Maybe I can get my grubby little fingers on some vintage hardware one of these days...

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
Makes me want to dig out my //e. Looks great. I didn't realize the floppy drives were part of the machine on those...that's pretty sweet!

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
Have one of those at my mom's house at home - a year into ownership, I spent the additional $320 for the external disc drive. I did everything on my //c, and it lasted me until 1992 (second semester freshman year in college), when the keyboard finally started acting weird. Had it hooked into an Imagewriter I printer, which AFAIK still works.

My favorite game that came with it was "Lemonade Stand".

How much did you spend on the entire setup? I've often thought of replacing my old //c...

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
FoxyKaye said:
Had it hooked into an Imagewriter I printer, which AFAIK still works.

you could probably run an Imagewriter over with a Mack truck and it would still work. Those little beasties are indestructible. Sadly I tossed 5 working models into a dumpster a couple of years ago as I just didn't have room.

I've never been much for the design of the //c, it looks like it's balanced on a stack of floppy disks or something. but i didn't realize there was an LCD option for it, making it portable... before the Portable.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
oooo it looks cool! it does make me feel sad though :(. It reminds me of the time i threw out my IIC into the trash because i got a brand new IIgs :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.