Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
iMeowbot said:
This is what I saw at first. Need coffee.

I liked that one.

Attachments

• stapler.png
    stapler.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 226

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
MacDawg said:
No offense intended iMeowbot, but I liked the old one better. It was simple and understated.

Edit: Better, but I liked the one color better too :) It's hard to improve on perfection and the first one was perfect

Oh, but I disagree. The current rev (changing bkgrnd and iPod) is perfect! :p :p

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
iMeowbot said:
Mechcozmo, no need to do that; it works well to resize the image with proportional enabled, only changing the larger dimension to be 75. For tiny images like these, bilinear resampling seems to give the most consistently pleasing results.

Very true, good point - by resizing it in that way he can probably preserve as much quality as possible.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
Well, here is version 2. I ditched the background and added the stars.

I don't see what you mean by just changed the larger proportion to 75 and let Photoshop do its thing with resizing... that is what I did methinks.

Anywhoo, comments on this one?

Thank you for the helpful comments before, and I would bet iMewbot like 'em too. ;)

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Mechcozmo said:
Well, here is version 2. I ditched the background and added the stars.
I like that combination of giant pixels behind a semi-realistic rendered ship! Kind of a breaking the 4th wall kind of thing :D
I don't see what you mean by just changed the larger proportion to 75 and let Photoshop do its thing with resizing... that is what I did methinks.
That was just a wild guess that you ended up using a square canvas to force the size issue. It was a more a feeble attempt to steer the thread back toward what might improve your avatar, there was way too much complaining about starting with a borrowed image, but that's what most people do!!!

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I like the ship, but it's hard to see with the pure black background. Personally I like lighter colors as a backdrop. But then again, I'm kinda boring.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
iMeowbot said:
I like that combination of giant pixels behind a semi-realistic rendered ship! Kind of a breaking the 4th wall kind of thing :D

That was just a wild guess that you ended up using a square canvas to force the size issue. It was a more a feeble attempt to steer the thread back toward what might improve your avatar, there was way too much complaining about starting with a borrowed image, but that's what most people do!!!

Yeah, I was too lazy to make my own... Maybe over winter break I will.

They are supposed to be stars... but whatever! :cool:

Windowlicker

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
Finland
as the others said already, get rid of the white space.. also, the red line is partly a bit messy... too low resolution maybe. any way to fix this??

anyway I think it's quite funny :)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Windowlicker said:
as the others said already, get rid of the white space.. also, the red line is partly a bit messy... too low resolution maybe. any way to fix this??

anyway I think it's quite funny :)

Actually, this thread was started regarding his old avatar, so a lot of those comments don't really apply anymore! ;) I suppose the "white space comment" still somewhat applies though... :p

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
markjones05 said:
How do i get an avatar?

Once you have 500 posts and become a 6502 (which you are) you can simply go into your user profile and add one. Just pay attention to the size restrictions. Further information can be found in the MacRumors FAQ (which is where you should have looked in the first place :p ;))

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
~Shard~ said:
Oh, don't worry, we're all planning on complimenting everyone's avatar here in this thread except for yours, just to be bastards. :cool:

I knew I should have been more paranoid...

markjones05 said:
I dont get it?
Kind of a joke, there was some talk about some other person's avatar and I felt like I should re-steal the spotlight. Just because. Notice the three smilies in my post, mix em together and you get a joking smily... well, not really. You should get it now.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
markjones05 said:
Thanx, just a lil after effects.

Looks good....a nice first avatar. I just got my avatar up for the first time. Any aging folk in here recognize the soldiers in my 'tar? Wish I could have gotten a close up with the spread gun :)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Jovian9 said:
Looks good....a nice first avatar. I just got my avatar up for the first time. Any aging folk in here recognize the soldiers in my 'tar? Wish I could have gotten a close up with the spread gun :)

One of amy all-time favorite games - Contra. Good choice! :cool:

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Jovian9 said:

Heh heh - didn't see your location initially - the good old Konami code too - well done, that takes me back...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.