Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Miajvr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2019
I recently (less than 2 months ago) bought an apple iPad 11 inch. I’ve been very happy with it, and of course very careful when handling it.
When I picked it up now I noticed a thin pixelated horizontal yellow line on my screen. I haven’t dropped it of applied too much pressure...
It also didn’t go away when I restarted my iPad.
Does anyone know what it is/how to get rid? Or will I have to take it in to the iStore? (I don’t really want to spend a lot of money to fix something I didn’t break)
Any help would be appreciated.
3A61B187-65D0-435A-BDF0-13EF1F1B1D16.jpeg

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
Screen damaged. No fix other than getting it replaced by Apple. Take it in and see what they say. Or get AC+ beforehand, because they may make notes on your account, but you should be covered by the 1 year warranty, hopefully.

Reactions: jbachandouris

Miajvr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2019
Screen damaged. No fix other than getting it replaced by Apple. Take it in and see what they say. Or get AC+ beforehand, because they may make notes on your account, but you should be covered by the 1 year warranty, hopefully.

Thanks, It doesn’t look like it’s going away anytime soon, so I’ll have to take it in this weekend and let them have a look. Fingers crossed the warranty covers it.

xx22

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2017
"I recently (less than 2 months ago) bought ..."

Why shouldn't their warranty cover it - unless they try to weasel out of it by telling you that you abused it or dropped it?

Reactions: RevTEG

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I honestly don‘t understand why people even post about things like this. If I had a screen issue like this my post would read more like this... Apple replaced my defective iPad Pro. I wouldnt even have time to post on MR because I’d be on my way to one of my local Apple stores. At 2 months it‘s under warranty. Back it up and get it replaced. Done.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I honestly don‘t understand why people even post about things like this. If I had a screen issue like this my post would read more like this... Apple replaced my defective iPad Pro. I wouldnt even have time to post on MR because I’d be on my way to one of my local Apple stores. At 2 months it‘s under warranty. Back it up and get it replaced. Done.
Yeah, just go to the Apple Store. If they (for some reason) can't do anything, go on MacRumors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.