Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oogje

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2002
nyc
Ordered a 2023 Mac Pro June 11th. Up until then I was using a 2013 Mac Pro. I started using an M2 MacBook Air as my main machine to get used to Ventura (was running Mojave) and Apple Silicon before the new Mac Pro arrived. It was delivered June 27th. I've had non-stop issues with the new machine but am still on the fence whether to return it for another one or hang onto it to see if macOS updates sort it out.

Since July 1st I've been making notes on everything I change from the out-of-box setup and all the problems that crop up in hopes of debugging some of the issues. I've reset to factory settings twice so far but the weirdness continues non-stop and I wanted to take a moment and share the problem of the hour mostly just for fun. I realize it's probably localization strings getting lost or something but when this dialog popped up after struggling with this machine for a week I had to laugh out loud.

richmlow

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Ordered a 2023 Mac Pro June 11th. Up until then I was using a 2013 Mac Pro. I started using an M2 MacBook Air as my main machine to get used to Ventura (was running Mojave) and Apple Silicon before the new Mac Pro arrived. It was delivered June 27th. I've had non-stop issues with the new machine but am still on the fence whether to return it for another one or hang onto it to see if macOS updates sort it out.

Since July 1st I've been making notes on everything I change from the out-of-box setup and all the problems that crop up in hopes of debugging some of the issues. I've reset to factory settings twice so far but the weirdness continues non-stop and I wanted to take a moment and share the problem of the hour mostly just for fun. I realize it's probably localization strings getting lost or something but when this dialog popped up after struggling with this machine for a week I had to laugh out loud.

View attachment 2229040

You might have a lemon.

Personally, I would just return it and ask for a brand new one!

Good luck!

richmlow

oogje

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2002
nyc
I started the return process a few days ago and have until July 16th to send it back. I was hoping against hope it wouldn't be necessary. But you're right.

Reactions: richmlow

richmlow

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
I started the return process a few days ago and have until July 16th to send it back. I was hoping against hope it wouldn't be necessary. But you're right.
Good move!

Simple fix and no more headaches!

richmlow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.