Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gabrielita

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
citizen of the world
Hi everybody, I hope my post makes sense, it's kinda long so please bear with me.

I bought a macbook last December 07, (Leopard preloaded, 111 Gb HD, 59 GB free space, 2.2 Ghz Intel C2duo, mem 1GB 667 mhz DDR2 SDRAM). Since I started using it, I noticed some issues, it would restart by itself but I didn't really pay any attention.

1 month ago: well, all of the sudden the machine would restart twice a week. When the machine started up, I would see a report notification due to MacOs restarting, I would click Send. hoping the issue would be fixed.

2 weeks ago it would restart 3 times in 10 minutes. Sometimes I was using word, sometimes I was trying to back my data (obvious reasons!), hoping it would let me do it but no, most of the times, the machine would restart.

I did permission repair, nothing, it says the HD seems to be okay. I had ran OnyX, it says my mac is okay. I decided to archive and install, followed all the steps... nothing, it would restart again, just right after I started up.

I decided to erase all the HD and install Leopard again, well, during 2 days the mac tricked me and i thought the machine was finally doing fine. No, today has restarted 3 times, while working with Word (didn't save 3 pages of my data, arrgh!) and also when playing a videogame (yes, Im a big procrastinator) and the last time when i was trying to back up my data.

Im traveling right now so I can't take it to the Apple store and I do need a stable machine to keep working. Any suggestion to fix this nightmare? I'd try everything!
(until I get to the US and take it to service!)
Thank you for reading!!

gabrielita

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
citizen of the world
anyone?

i also started up in single user mode and did the /sbin/fsck/ -fy to check my disk usage and it said that it appeared to be ok.

is taking my mac to the store, the only solution???

Colber

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2008
Hi
I have the same problem, i did the same things to fix it and didn't work....
someone help me please!
thanks!!

MacDaddy08

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
Check your boot rom version to see if it needs an update. Go here to check. If everything is cool there then take out your batter and unscrew the 3 screws holding the L bracket over the RAM and hard drive. Make sure the hard drive and RAM are completely secure and not loose AT ALL. The RAM had to be pressed it pretty hard to be all the way. The secure the L bracket back on so that there is no gap between it and the bottom casing (make sure the foam thing is completely inside the RAM holes). Then try it out and see if you have any luck. If all else fails, continue to the Apple store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.