Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
needs work

the graphics are rough, compression is bad, rollovers are poorly done

content is lacking, you tend to ramble and the way you do it is unpleasant to read.

navigation style changes with every click...

i dont even like the name "pleasure dome"

on the positive side... im sure your next revision will be better. :)

Versello

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2003
Re: My New Website

Originally posted by atacinus
it.s really a personal site and has no relevance here...but i just wanted to get some opinions. Here.s the link:

http://www.angeltowns.com/members/pleasuredome/

The name sounds like a pr0n site and I'm worried as we speak that my boss will think I went to some pr0n site as well :(

Either way, heh (I do web-designing in my "spare time"), take out the graphic-less splash page stating about screen res's.

Move your content to the left side. In Western society, people read/look left-to-right. The less eye-movement people have to do, the better.

An alternative to your layout would be the center your content and navigation BUT the navigation would be flush with the body. Like...

[ nav_____ ]
[ bodyyyyyy ]

Nice use of negative space otherwise...somewhat...

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
i think cr2sh went a little harsh on your site.

the navigation style only changes once from the main page to each separate pages, and that's okay, but the image links are quite small. at first i didn't even think there was any more to the site!

"pink different"??? i'm so confused...

perhaps instead of designing your site to fit large monitors, you could use CSS to dynamically place objects on the page. this would clean up all of that messy map code that you've got.

speaking of messy code, before Rower_CPU gets here... you may want to fix your code to validate. you should really specify the doctype and don't forget to close all of your tags (ie <font> <table> etc...)

i do like that you've tried to keep everything simple and clean though. stick to it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.