Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
I can't seem to download it either. Is this a serious film or some sort of mockery or spoof of the genre?

I'm a big survival-horror fan.

whw5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Atlanta
Sorry, I don't know what was up with the blog earlier. Its all working now, and yes its halfway down.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
P.S., I like it a lot. It'd make a great music video to that song. :D *loves the Stripes* I think it's really cute, and it matches mood with the song in a very nice way. :) Thank you for sharing!

whw5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Atlanta
mkrishnan said:
P.S., I like it a lot. It'd make a great music video to that song. :D *loves the Stripes* I think it's really cute, and it matches mood with the song in a very nice way. :) Thank you for sharing!

If you liked that, you might like my other videos to. I have a feed that allows you to subscribe in itunes if you do so desire.

Erendiox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2004
Brooklyn NY
Very cute. :)

I'm not sure what kind of feedback you're looking for but here's what I can give you. You cross the axis two or three times. I'm not sure if you know anything about the line of interest, but when you have two subjects, namely the group of kids and the zombie, you can't cross sides. It confuses the viewer. The auto iris was also on, a common occurance on handheld DV cameras. Never use auto iris unless you want your movie to have "ameteur" written all over it. Also, making the shots a bit more dynamic, ie. long, medium, and close up shots, would help hold on to the viewer and make the piece more interesing.

I'm a communication's student, so this is the kind of stuff I see. Good luck to ya ;)

whw5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Atlanta
Erendiox said:
Very cute. :)

I'm not sure what kind of feedback you're looking for but here's what I can give you. You cross the axis two or three times. I'm not sure if you know anything about the line of interest, but when you have two subjects, namely the group of kids and the zombie, you can't cross sides. It confuses the viewer. The auto iris was also on, a common occurance on handheld DV cameras. Never use auto iris unless you want your movie to have "ameteur" written all over it. Also, making the shots a bit more dynamic, ie. long, medium, and close up shots, would help hold on to the viewer and make the piece more interesing.

I'm a communication's student, so this is the kind of stuff I see. Good luck to ya ;)

You sound just like my video teacher.
:). Thanks for the feedback, I'm in video class right now and we are learning about that stuff. Unfortunatly I was not in that class before making this, so please excuse my mistakes.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
whw5 said:
If you liked that, you might like my other videos to. I have a feed that allows you to subscribe in itunes if you do so desire.

Sorry to go OT, but how hard is this to set up? I don't have movies to share per se... but I'm thinking of starting vlogging....and I know how to create the content, but I don't exactly know what I'm doing after that. :eek:

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Great little video, will.

I think the effect of that giant head sitting akwardly on the little girl's body was a great one. All of her movements were very comical. Overall, it was pretty well done. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

whw5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Atlanta
pdpfilms said:
Great little video, will.

I think the effect of that giant head sitting akwardly on the little girl's body was a great one. All of her movements were very comical. Overall, it was pretty well done. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

I would be 15 years of age, so close to my license
:cool:

DirtyWater99

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2006
Boston, MA
Good Stuff

Hey. Your films look great. Out of curiousity, I am wondering what camera you use for filming your stuff? I currently do most of my filming on a Sony Handycam, and am looking to upgrade. Thanks, and good luck with any future productions.

whw5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Atlanta
DirtyWater99 said:
Hey. Your films look great. Out of curiousity, I am wondering what camera you use for filming your stuff? I currently do most of my filming on a Sony Handycam, and am looking to upgrade. Thanks, and good luck with any future productions.

I think I might be using the same model as you. Mine is a Sony Digital Handycam, its about 6 years old though, but it works great.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
whw5 said:
I think I might be using the same model as you. Mine is a Sony Digital Handycam, its about 6 years old though, but it works great.
Post more, post more! We love your videos. I want to see more of the Littlest Zombie most of all. What ever happened to Private Luke? Seems to be missing from the end of the short....

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
whw5 said:
Hey guys, I just made a new movie entitled "the littlest zombie" Can you guys give me some feedback on it? Its not your conventional zombie movie.
You do have to scroll down a little bit to find it.

http://www.willweberandhisamazingstuff.blogspot.com/

Will

I enjoyed that. Nice and light hearted.

Only one criticism, it seemed the auto exposure spoiled one or two shots. Just because the light changed mid shot.

Thanks for posting.

Rich.

whw5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Atlanta
pdpfilms said:
Post more, post more! We love your videos. I want to see more of the Littlest Zombie most of all. What ever happened to Private Luke? Seems to be missing from the end of the short....

Well we ran out of time and light. It was our last day at the beach so I just stuck that little 2 second clip of him in at the end. He is being help right in front of the door.

whw5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Atlanta
mikemodena said:
i'm curious to know.. did they bring back bruce? what happened that they fired him?

No they did not bring back Bruce. The deal was, he was a janitor and also drove the buses for all the school activities. He was getting two paychecks for his two separate jobs. You arn't allowed to get two separate paychecks in the school system so they fired him. He didn't know that rule, and some say the principle asked him to drive, so he assumed it was legit. Others say that a person with a grudge against him ratted him out. But the main point is that he was one of the nicest, hardest working people at our school, and we really didn't want him to lose his job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.