Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sany72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Dubai
Experts please help -

I had in the past followed the tutorials from 'restoring old macs from 2006' using MLPostfactor etc to the new OS. That was my my first post here. I installed past snow leopard (which was officially the last supported version on my Macbook pro 2.2) following lots of guidance here. I am currently on OSX Lion (returned back from Mountain Lion since the machine was not that responsive). Even now on OSX Lion it is too slow. I would like to go back to my original like how it was when I bought this machine in late 2007.
I tried to go back to 10.4.8 by using the recovery CD that came with my machine. Whenever I insert this CD and boot the machine, I cannot see this disc neither it loads anything from the disc. I also tried an usb connected optical disc reader, once again I can hear the disc working on the CD when i reboot by holding the options key, I can only see the current OSX Lion drive and a recover drive (for OSX Lion) but could not see the recovery disc. Even in target disc mode I cannot see this.
As you can see above, I am not an expert with Mac but I suspect all the hacking to enable us install the Lion and Mountain Lion where was not officially supported by the hardware must have changed some boot options. Can anyone help me restore my machine back to Tiger OS please.
On a side note, I cannot even load a bootable USB disk as well to install any ubuntu etc., because once again these bootable discs cannot be seen or it ignores to see it. But from finder I can see the usb disk.
Looking forward to your rescue.

sany72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Dubai
totally useless forum
[doublepost=1463938945][/doublepost]just as how a Mac is

sany72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Dubai
sure, as if you are about to offer some help. The post was idle all this while and that statement had made you sensitive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.