Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roxics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 4, 2013
My only hope for the Watch is that they keep the same watch band slot system for all upcoming models in the future. Generation 2 and 3 and so on. It would be nice to be able to have a selection of bands that go back all the way to the beginning.

I probably won't be buying a generation one Watch. I'll wait till they drop in price to $99 and slim down after a couple generations. Maybe even square off the edges a bit more.
But I admit I was impressed by it. Especially the selection of materials (steel, aluminum, gold) and number of band types and colors available. I am more impressed with the whole thing than I ever expected to be. I was not someone who was at all excited by the rumors and generally ignored them, but after seeing it I definitely think it's cool.

That said, reality sets in and I say to myself "this doesn't solve any problems I've had and it's too expensive to just be a toy for me. I don't wear watches now and have no real purpose for one of these."

So I'll wait till there is a $99 generation 3 or 4 model that will be a spur of the moment purchase just because it's cheap enough. When that happens I hope I can still use all these cool bands they introduced today. Otherwise I would hate to see them have to remake all these bands for every generation. If they had to do that I could see them not releasing nearly as many by then. Probably only sticking to the two or three that proved most popular.

I also hope that a future generation version puts the digital crown front and center, angled 45 degrees from the top and side. That would make it more usabie for righties and lefties. Plus I wonder how much someone is going to accidently push that crown in with the back of their hand if they push their hand up to hard and fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.