Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike Chammout

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2020
So I’m new here but literally just made an account to warn you guys about what just happened. I’ve owned every iPhone since the first generation. I’m sitting here in my Mac getting some work in and all of a sudden I see the screen on my iPhone 11 Pro go black “ Temperature iPhone needs to cool down before you can use it “. I literally was just listening to music and iPhone was NOT on charge.! I went k grab the iPhone it was sooo hot I could barely hold it. I got scared and turned it off immediately. Has this been happening is this a trend ? Scary what if it explodes ?

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
I’ve had something similar happen. I turned it off for about half a hour for it to cool down and then turned it on and it was fine.

Reactions: Mike Chammout

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
So I’m new here but literally just made an account to warn you guys about what just happened. I’ve owned every iPhone since the first generation. I’m sitting here in my Mac getting some work in and all of a sudden I see the screen on my iPhone 11 Pro go black “ Temperature iPhone needs to cool down before you can use it “. I literally was just listening to music and iPhone was NOT on charge.! I went k grab the iPhone it was sooo hot I could barely hold it. I got scared and turned it off immediately. Has this been happening is this a trend ? Scary what if it explodes ?
What have Apple said about it?

Reactions: BeeGood

Mike Chammout

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2020
What have Apple said about it?

I haven’t contacted them yet I’m sure they are just going to tell me to reset my phone
[automerge]1594574280[/automerge]
It’s not a trend and hasn’t been a a focal topic of discussion on the forum. If you are concerned, contact Apple support since your phone is under warranty. They can run some remote diagnostics on your phone.
Yeah I **** off for like 15 minutes until it cooled down and then turned it back on it hasn’t happened again yet but scary

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
I haven’t contacted them yet I’m sure they are just going to tell me to reset my phone
[automerge]1594574280[/automerge]

I’ve had iPhones ever since the the original iPhone in 2007 and have only gotten the temperature warning one time. I didn’t contact Apple because I knew why it did it.

If my 11 pro max did that today just sitting on my desk and I had no idea why, you better believe I’d be on the phone with Apple pronto. IMO, this phone (and your 11 pro) cost way too much to not get some definitive answers.

Besides, you made the account to warn us right? What are you warning us about if you won’t take steps to get to the bottom of it?

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa

Apparently there is an ongoing issue with Apple Music in iOS 13.5.1 causing massive battery drain, your phone may have been having this to:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Yeah, I've had that happen to my 6s+ and my Pixel 3a XL.

Usually it's when driving through 105+ degree heat for an hour in a car with no A/C that has the windows stuck up. Once it hits about 113º inside the car I'll get the warning.

Doesn't happen any other time. :p
[automerge]1594595522[/automerge]
May be a silly question, but did you jailbreak it?
I have three or four jailbroken iPhones and a jailbroken iPad. My son has a jailbroken SE. Other than what I've mentioned above this has never happened.

But then again, I'm not in the habit after nine years of jailbreaking, of going bonkers and installing any garbage I find online or on pirate/sketchy repos either.

verito81

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2018
it happened to me a few days ago i was playing a game and suddenly it get really hot i kept playing for a few more minutes and i realized that the upper part where is signal and wifi and battery was missing like if it just disappeared and i turned off i waited a few minutes until it cooled off and it was working slow i was so scared ! nothing was working so i decided to do a copy and reset it and then restore the copy of my files and i did it it all worked well but i don’t know what could have happened

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
The only time I’ve ever seen this warning was on phones (not mine) left in cars when it is summer time - in direct sunlight or close to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.