Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hellodon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
So I have my 'iphone' folder with the songs that i want on my iphone, and they were all loaded on there this morning.

I realized that some of my songs were missing album artwork, so i went into that folder and updated them to all have artwork. Didnt add or remove any songs so all of these songs were already on the phone.

I hooked up the iPhone and went to resync rather than just updating the artwork portion of the songs, its copying every file over again...why is it syncing up songs that are already on there? Doesnt it realize that they are on there? Its re=writing all of them...I thought maybe it was just rewriting songs that now have the artwork, but its actually rewriting every song so it doesnt seem to have anything to do with just the file art changing.

This is really annoying...because I had like 700 songs on there, and its barely halfway through it. Next time I plug it in and/or add a few songs is it going to do this again?

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
Anyone else running into this problem?

ALSO: The only way I could get songs on my iPhone was to make a playlist..it wouldnt let me just drag/drop songs into the music folder in the device/iphone/music list on the left side of itunes....is that right? That doesnt really make sense....my iPod just lets me drag and drop individual songs or playlists and its nice and organized.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.