Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, they're really quite good. But if you want some positive criticism, all I can really say is that some of the photos focus too closely on their subjects. Example: the nut with the pink background is great but it really makes me wanna take a step back because it's almost a little too in my face. But that's just me being really really picky, the only criticism I can think of. :)

Great work. :)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Those are very nice pictures, thank you for the link. I like your choice of subjects. Is that a picture of your dog? If so, what's the name?

jscheiman

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2005
Phoenix, Arizona
Quote: Originally posted by dd002:
Here is my company logo Negative Imaging

Attachments

• Negative-Imaging.jpg
    Negative-Imaging.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 111

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
The macros of the fly are great. My favorite overall may be "Muck." How did that shiny part stay so clean? I wondered if the bonfire shot could be cropped severely, thinking it would look surreal with the alien-like figure emphasized and the extraneous distant skyline removed.

Nanda Devi

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2004
East Lansing, Michigan
Nice work, I really like those. Great texture and color. I liked the zoo photos, especially the polar bear and the croc. Also liked the snake - it's almost an optical illusion, looks like a bunch of green bananas...

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
adamfilip said:
My gallery is not Apple related
But i would appreciate feedback on it

Im just starting out on some real photography
with my new D-SLR

thanks

http://www.filipowicz.ca/gal/
I don't understand why people say stuff is copyright, when it obviously isn't. You know you have to register that to legally put that sign on there?

Inspector Lee

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
East Lansing, MI
jimsowden said:
I don't understand why people say stuff is copyright, when it obviously isn't. You know you have to register that to legally put that sign on there?

From what I gather, as long as you put "Copyright... So and So... 2005" your stuff is at least protected in a rudimentary way. At least that is how it goes with writings. Going throught the USPTO (or whatever the Canadian equivalent) is like going to a rodeo soaked in cologne - it will cost you big time.

There are companies out there that will watermark images for you.

Back on topic... Nice pics. You should try to get out to Banff and/or Jasper NP in Alberta to add some wilderness images - there is a lot of eye candy out there.

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
jimsowden said:

No you don't. You have to register it in order to successfully defend yourself in a lawsuit. US Copyright Law states that once something is fixed in a tangible form, it is copyrighted. I just happen to be involved in a mock trial in my media law class talking about copyright right now. Pretty interesting stuff.

[Back on topic]
Some pretty nice shots there. I just got a Nikon D70 a few weeks ago as a college graduation gift from my parents. It's my first experience with an SLR camera of any type (digital or film). I love the freedom I now have to experiment. I looked at getting a Canon, but I fell in love with the D70. I used to be a big supporter of Canon's products, but I was extremly disappointed with the Canon lenses, which is why I chose Nikon. Anyway, I think you've got some pretty good stuff there. Keep us informed when you put more shots up! I'll probably post a few shots of my own in a few weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.