Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aidler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
I bought my Powerbeats Pro in July 2019 because my ears are incompatible to the AirPods and the AirPods Pro did not exist back then. Now a little over two years later, the batteries of my Powerbeats Pro are nearly dead. The left piece lasts for 25 minutes and the right piece for a little bit over 1 hour. There is no battery replacement service for the Powerbeats Pro, and according to Apple, it will cost me over 200 bucks to get them repaired. That's exactely what I feared since Apple dropped the headphone jack. Over US$ 200 for wireless headphones that last for 2 years and sound worse then almost any wired headphone. Thanks Apple for this huge innovation.

My recommendation: Don't buy any Beats products. Their battery life sucks.

NastyMatt

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2020
That's a kick in the teeth for sure. I have PBP - got them a couple of months after you and the batteries are still fine. I use them every single day. The only thing they have started to do is not automatically connect the left channel. I have had to reseat it in it's case the last few times. I hope they last until APP v2 come out.

I love the PBP - they just miss a couple of features I like in the APP, ANC and head tracking. But I prefer the secure over the ear design (as I run a lot), physical volume buttons and long battery life. If they failed now I'd struggle to know which to buy APP v PBP (wife has APP so I have used them a lot), maybe the APP just to have something different - not any better.

Reactions: aidler

KindJamz

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2021
Check out eBay. I had the battery’s replaced in my PB for like $40. The original bt ones with the wire. Was awhile ago though. Like 3 years ago

aidler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Check out eBay. I had the battery’s replaced in my PB for like $40. The original bt ones with the wire. Was awhile ago though. Like 3 years ago
Thanks for the advice, but the process to replace the batterys of the Powerbeats Pro is insane and way above what I'm able to do.

KindJamz

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2021
Thanks for the advice, but the process to replace the batterys of the Powerbeats Pro is insane and way above what I'm able to do.
No. Sent them to the guy and he did it. Prepaid thru eBay. Took a less than 2 weeks

Reactions: aidler

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
I bought my Powerbeats Pro in July 2019 because my ears are incompatible to the AirPods and the AirPods Pro did not exist back then. Now a little over two years later, the batteries of my Powerbeats Pro are nearly dead. The left piece lasts for 25 minutes and the right piece for a little bit over 1 hour. There is no battery replacement service for the Powerbeats Pro, and according to Apple, it will cost me over 200 bucks to get them repaired. That's exactely what I feared since Apple dropped the headphone jack. Over US$ 200 for wireless headphones that last for 2 years and sound worse then almost any wired headphone. Thanks Apple for this huge innovation.

My recommendation: Don't buy any Beats products. Their battery life sucks.
I was going to start a similar thread about the AirPods Pro: terrible service by apple and I bought the extended coverage
Now I decided to keep the box charged at night and then I will go for a cheaper wireless buds, like Beats Studio Buds or similar good quality but less $$
At least when their battery dies I will not regret to have spent more than 360$

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.