Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xdarkangelle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
I've had my powerbook for about a month and a half. Everything has been great with it, but for the last week I can't get it to stay asleep. I have it hooked up to a moniter and in the middle of the night it wakes up and wakes me up when the screen comes on and is really bright. Also when I come home it is awake when I put it to sleep before I left.

Previous to having this power book I had another one for 2 years and had it hooked up to the same set up as this and never had this problem.

I've tried to look through system prefernces, but I can't figure out what would trigger the computer to come on at (seemingly) random times when I have put it to sleep.

Any advice?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
What exactly is plugged into it? USB ports and all. I had this issue and it turned out to be my mouse. The slightest movement from anywhere made the mouse "wake" (wireless) and then it woke the PB. Also, turning the monitor off seemed to help me greatly.

xdarkangelle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
jessica. said:
What exactly is plugged into it?

In one USB port I have a hub which then connects my printer and keyboard and in the other port I have a mouse. I considered it might be the mouse, but I have had this same mouse for over 2 years and it never caused a problem before. It is not wireless. Just a regular old mouse and at 3am with no one else in my room, but me I don't know what could have woken it up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.