Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

minik

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
Back in February, 2021, I decided to bring my launch day iPhone Xs to the store for a battery replacement since it's below the 80% mark and it had AppleCare+ on it. The technician did some tests and told me something was wrong with the phone and had to ship it out for a repair. Since it was not my primary phone, I didn't mind at that time. He later came back to the front of the store and told me he's just going to replace the battery and speaker on-site.

Everything worked fine and I even installed the iOS beta config profile on it to playing around. Weeks ago, I updated it to iOS 14.7 and left it on the charger overnight. The iPhone won't power up in the next morning. Yesterday I went back to the store and the tech did some tests again. Since the tech wasn't be able to revive the phone, she gave me a phone replacement. I still have AppleCare+ on it and it's all being covered. I plugged the phone to my Mac, it showed iOS 14.2 and manufactured on November, 2020.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.