Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

huskermania

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
Fring.com has been blocked by my school, which in return doesn't allow the Fring Voip App to connect. Is there any way to get around this? (Like proxies) I use my iPT for a phone now and I wasn't able to use it today. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

FYI-- Please be specific in telling me how to do this. (Step by Step...)

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
Step 1. Seems like your school doesn't want you to use Fring.
Step 2. It's the school's network and bandwidth.
Step 3. Follow the rules. (It will help you grow into a better adult.)
Step 4. Don't use Fring.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Step 1. Seems like your school doesn't want you to use Fring.
Step 2. It's the school's network and bandwidth.
Step 3. Follow the rules. (It will help you grow into a better adult.)
Step 4. Don't use Fring.

Well said.

vandy1997

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2007
You need to be focusing on learning at school so that you can get a job and help out the economy! Just kidding! I'm not sure how to do it. Just send IMs with Palringo!

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I use a VPN at times. Not on iPhone, but on computer and same should apply. When set to send all traffic through VPN your settings and restrictions should match that of the VPN. So if VPN doesn't have the sites blocked you should be able to connect without issue. There are VPN services out there maybe even some free. Here is one site that I've never heard but came up in a 10 sec search flashvpn.com. Says they give a free trial so maybe you can see if that works, but once again never heard of them so don't know if they are good / bad or whatever.

They also have apps like http://www.truphone.com/ as an alternative. Says it gives you a certain amount in money to start so maybe try that also.

Other then that not sure

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.