Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
Well the title tells it all. I've had my 1 GB shuffle for about a month and a half now and it doesn't seem to work on my 1.5 ghz G4 Powerbook. I've tried plugging it in on both sides and it just doesn't seem to stay mounted on the desktop. The Powerbook is on a level surface and is plugged it as much as it can be. I have all the recent updates for my Software. Right now the Shuffle plugged in on the right side and the orange light is flashing... does anyone have this problem? Should I just return it to Apple?

So to basically summarize my problem -- My month and a half year old Shuffle won't stay mounted into the computer during it's Autofilling

mersea

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2005
So its not physically falling off the USB port, the computer just isn't regestering it?

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
mersea said:
So its not physically falling off the USB port, the computer just isn't regestering it?

I plug it in and I get to the point where it's in the middle of Autofilling it and it says that it has unmounted but it was never removed from the computer

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
A teacher at my school had the same problem. He took it to a nearby Apple Store and they replaced it. They said it rusted or something.. don't really see how that could happen but what do I know. Maybe you should try do the same.

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
Josh396 said:
A teacher at my school had the same problem. He took it to a nearby Apple Store and they replaced it. They said it rusted or something.. don't really see how that could happen but what do I know. Maybe you should try do the same.

That's what I was thinking about doing, thanks for the idea! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.