Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
Most evenings my wife and I sit in the garden, share a beer or two and listen to Apple Music. I usually select "Michael's Station" because it generally plays music that both of us enjoy -- or, at least, tolerate. (Yes, my first name is Michael.)

Week days I'm home alone so often play music that accommodates my daytime mood but which I'm sure my wife wouldn't appreciate during Happy Hour. For example, I like Chamber Music, Jazz and Balearic beat, among many other genres. Unfortunately, if I spend a few hours during the day listening to that sort of stuff, that evening's "Michael's Station" will, irritatingly, include lots of it.

After searching around I've concluded that there's no way to fix this.

I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Am I?

Vothic

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2013
If you are not dead set on using Apple Music you might want to consider looking at other music streaming services. I have a Deezer subscription and their 'Flow' station is similar to My Station in Apple Music but with Deezer you have the ability to select a mood for your Flow playback which helps having a bunch of genres mixed in. Spotify and Tidal both have daily mix selections based on your listening history but divided by genre. Also, some app only SirusXM subscriptions are quite inexpensive and they have a lot of different stations with any type of music you would want. As to your issue with Apple Music I think it is what it is....my station just generates its feed based on the things you listen to and favorite/like, etc.

Reactions: Buadhai
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.