Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimboutilier

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2008
Denver
That was the most childish post I've read in a while. BTW, my MBA starts in 36 seconds(time from when I press the power button to when I can launch an app). And that's beside the point(honestly, how many times do you start and restart your computer a day). Also, you are twisting my words yet again. First off, I never said you didn't know what you are talking about. That is actually the opposite of what I think of you. You are one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum. And I never said I would buy an outdated model, and the Rev B 1.6 is not outdated in any way. An outdated computer would be an iBook. My MBA will be outdated when Apple changes the design drastically, which probably won't happen for another 2-3 years, considering the things they're supposedly working on(tablet, iPhone 4G, Apple TV 2.0, Verizon iPhone, just to name a few).

Secondly, waiting on my MBA day and night?! LMAO! Typical Scottsdale exaggeration...

And FYI, my Mom didn't make the right choice, I bought it for her for her b-day. So technically, I made the right choice.

Don't mind Scotsdale. He seems to often think others are delusional and need to be shown the way. Enjoy your machine AND your money.

---
Macbook unibody 2.4ghz C2D, 4gb RAM, 320gb HD
Past - MBA, MBP, iMac

Rogues are preferable to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest. - Alexandre Dumas

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
That was the most childish post I've read in a while. BTW, my MBA starts in 36 seconds(time from when I press the power button to when I can launch an app). And that's beside the point(honestly, how many times do you start and restart your computer a day). Also, you are twisting my words yet again. First off, I never said you didn't know what you are talking about. That is actually the opposite of what I think of you. You are one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum. And I never said I would buy an outdated model, and the Rev B 1.6 is not outdated in any way. An outdated computer would be an iBook. My MBA will be outdated when Apple changes the design drastically, which probably won't happen for another 2-3 years, considering the things they're supposedly working on(tablet, iPhone 4G, Apple TV 2.0, Verizon iPhone, just to name a few).

Secondly, waiting on my MBA day and night?! LMAO! Typical Scottsdale exaggeration...

And FYI, my Mom didn't make the right choice, I bought it for her for her b-day. So technically, I made the right choice.

I have to admit I love laughing at his posts, talk about a drama queen wow. Not to mention the biggest fanboi that will run to the rescue of anyone trying to say the latest and greatest isn't justified! OMG no you didn't! The latest netbook.. Errr sorry.. MBA IS THE BEST!

Clearly if you made the right choice vs overpaying for Apple's hype. Congrats and enjoy.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Scottsdale--Relax.

So your MBA boots 40 seconds faster than someone else's and not five seconds faster. Big deal. That doesn't change the fact that 35 seconds isn't worth several hundred dollars to most users.

I'm also not quite sure why you mention people wasting money, when you have and will continue to upgrade your MBA at every single revision, and have been vocal about doing so.

Don't worry about it man. I'm using a Rev. B HDD right now, and I think it's a crappy computer compared to my 2.8 MBP. But I also used an SSD Rev. C for quite a while at the store, and still thought it was crappy.

I have picked on TWO people in the last six months... when people make contradictory statements, I POUNCE. I don't believe someone who says money isn't a problem then proceeds to state they will just keep buying. What happens when people buy behind the technology curve (current model) is they SPEND MORE MONEY in the long run and spend more time waiting on their outdated technology.

If the guy would have just said, I can only afford this and it makes sense to me, I wouldn't have said a word. Go back and read his posts.

To the OP, I am sorry BUT I don't buy what you're selling... I just don't appreciate people acting all mighty and that the rest of us are stupid for spending more... because in the long run it's about life... we're all here for a finite time, and that's the truth we all live by. I understand everyone's life decisions, financial differences and etc.

Back to the lame ass apology, I am sorry.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
I have picked on TWO people in the last six months... when people make contradictory statements, I POUNCE. I don't believe someone who says money isn't a problem then proceeds to state they will just keep buying. What happens when people buy behind the technology curve (current model) is they SPEND MORE MONEY in the long run and spend more time waiting on their outdated technology.

If the guy would have just said, I can only afford this and it makes sense to me, I wouldn't have said a word. Go back and read his posts.

To the OP, I am sorry BUT I don't buy what you're selling... I just don't appreciate people acting all mighty and that the rest of us are stupid for spending more... because in the long run it's about life... we're all here for a finite time, and that's the truth we all live by. I understand everyone's life decisions, financial differences and etc.

Back to the lame ass apology, I am sorry.

Are you a life counselor? I'm sorry, I just have to ask. The OP doesn't want to take your advice on getting the SSD, let him be. It's his choice, his money, his life. You done your job by giving your opinion, now stop pressuring him to take your opinion over others.

NewGenAdam

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2008
People that do this believe their opinion isn't opinion, it's fact therefore if you disagree with them, you're wrong.

OP - Glad you're happy with your MBA.

lol. Eloquently summarises forums in general. Although I'll admit macrumors is better than many.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.