Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

byke

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
Right I have the newer unibody mini hooked up to my 50" plasma.
All was working well until I turned it on this morning and nothing.
Green Light - check, Startup sound - check ..... but no screen image- (just black).

I thought it may have been the HDMI cable so I replaced that today, but that didnt fix it.

Then I remembered that before I went to bed last night I was playing with the resolution settings and was surprised I was able to change the res from something like 1300 x 768 to 1600 x 768.

So now I am wondering if this is a settings issue or glitch, but since I dont have a spare computer monitor (only my 50" Kuro plasma tv) to check if its this setting causing the conflict does anyone else have any ideas?

I have a 2nd gen MBA and a very old white 24" intel imac and a USB hub and a external harddrive. Is there an A-team / Macguyver home fix for this (as in trying to adjust the res settings) or do I have to wait and try and take this into the repair shop this week?

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
it seems as though the res may be out of range, or something of the sort.

do you have a spare monitor to hook up to to test if the Mini works with that? i would try that first.

also, just ensure that you are on the right channel! i do that all the time ;)

a2applegirl

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
You can connect to your mac mini remotely from one of your notebook computers using screen sharing. You hook up to screensharing either in finder, or in preferences on older versions of the OS. Once you open up a screen share you should be able to change the resolution back to what it was. If it is the monitor, then your desktop will show up as a window on your laptop via screen sharing. If it is something with the graphics card in the mini, then you will not get any display when you do screen sharing of the mini.

byke

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
Thanks for all the input.

I wasn't able to do a remote desktop as I couldn't connect to the mini.
I did do a Pram reset, but unfortunately it didn't fix anything so I guess I will have to try and get to the store and have it checked out.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.