Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geta

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2010
The Moon
There is no point of the iPad Mini. The iPhone 15 Pro Max is almost the same size, while making the display of the iPad Mini look like a toy.

And now there are also foldable smartphones too on the market which is going to hurt the tablet market even more.
Thats your opinion, but the Mini 6 screen is still bigger. And if already, the iPhone Pro Max is a useless brick, its too big to use as a phone and too small to replace the Mini 6.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
It's 8.3 vs 6.7 inch display, the size difference isn't big and doesn't provide any additional usability, unlike the 12.9 iPad Pro.
You're not comparing the correct numbers. The diagonal measurements are not meaningful when the aspect ratios are so different. For example, the 12.9” iPad has roughly the same diagonal measurement as a 13” x 1” skinny rectangle, but the iPad screen is about 6x bigger in surface area.
So the Mini is almost 2x bigger than the Pro Max because of that, which is significant. If someone asked would you want your phone screen to be almost 2x bigger, no one would say that is insignificant. However, whether it’s significant enough to make it worth having an additional device is another story, and will differ from person to person.
Besides, the Max edition was the best selling version as the iPhone Pro could be picked up from day 1 while the iPhone Pro Max was suffering from huge delays.
Maybe Pro Max did sell the best out of all the iPhones, I don’t know. But there are quite a few iPhone models, so I’m pretty sure there are more non-Pro Maxes out there than there are Pro Maxes.
Anyone with a good pair of eyes who takes their iPhone 15 Pro Max next to an iPad Mini will have a good laugh after seeing the horrible 60hz panel showing insane lag when doing basic scrolling and the quality of the display itself being no match to the OLED display of the iPhone 15 Pro Max.
If the iPad Mini display makes you laugh, that’s what it does, I guess. But I was pointing out that to say it “looks like a toy” was an odd thing to say. Toy seemed to imply it can’t be used for anything serious, unlike a Pro Max… However, display features like Promotion don’t affect productivity, they’re merely a nicety or luxury. Like saying bad speakers makes it a toy. Or a TV with a bad screen is a toy. They’re not toys, they’re just worse/not as nice. Screen size on the other hand has significant effect on productivity, which is one of the reasons why people often say small phones from back in the day now look like toys. So it was especially odd saying the iPad Mini looks like a toy when it’s larger than the Pro Max.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.