Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
I'm no web designer, so please try & work with me here....

A friend of mine has created a site for me, way beyond what I asked him to do, he's made quite a nice looking little thing....

Problem,

In internet Explorer, the scrollomg bars on the left don't load properly until you ajust the window size, I thought this was an Explorer problem, until I deleted it & downloaded it again....

There's a definite problem when you load the site in the original sised window.

What gives.......?

(it seems fine in Safari & Firefox, but I wan't it to load well on everything)

Here's the link:

http://mbgraphics.net/

Attachments

• Picture-2.jpg
    Picture-2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Picture-1.jpg
    Picture-1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 155

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
Yeah. I know. I'll get the ADOBE GO6 thing changed, we worked on my site kinda hurridly, and that's a small price to pay for the huge favour my friend has done me...( I can't do web stuff)

The problem lies with Explorer. I'd love to think It's just my machine, but obviously I need to know, seeing as it's the most popular browser.....

Must dash, The south of England is on fire, and I need to know who they're blaming......

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
Back again...

Could the problem lie in the way the site was created - an automated series of galleries from Photoshop?

You can adjust the thumnail bar settings, and it's only that that's loading funnily in Explorer for me....

Or is it my version of Explorer? It shouldn't be, as I downloaded a fresh copy....

??

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
It looks okay in Safari, Netscape, and Firefox, of my Powerbook with OS 10.4.2. I don't have IE to test it out on sorry. BTW: Very nice site, and creations!

Good Luck!

L

littlejim

I can replicate the problem with the 'latest' IE on 10.4.3 ... so you're not going mad!

I'm pretty sure the problem is to do the very bad underling HTML code and the use of 'Frames within Frames'.

How to fix it ... I think you are going to have to ditch the photoshop automated gallery and get your hands grubby in GoLive and create a bit more of a custom design.

Don't worry too much about things not looking perfect in IE for the Mac as it's not a supported browser any more ... however, the poor HTML may cause problems with PC browsers?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.