Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aus_dave

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
I tried it out and it doesn't work for me - I get some error about an SQL variable. I'll stick with Navicat for now I think.

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
I got an unknown host for 127.0.0.1 I have no problems with cocoamysql.. If anyone knows how to get this going on a local machine for test, please let us know..

DVW86

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2004
Washington State
aus_dave said:
I tried it out and it doesn't work for me - I get some error about an SQL variable. I'll stick with Navicat for now I think.

Odd, it works great for me at home. I'll try it at work today and see how it does.

aptenergy

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2003
I got

Connection Error: Could not connect to MySQL instance at localhost. Error: Unknown system variable 'sql_mode' (code 1193)

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
aptenergy said:
I got

Connection Error: Could not connect to MySQL instance at localhost. Error: Unknown system variable 'sql_mode' (code 1193)
I have the exact same error. I attribute it to something I don't know that I'm doing wrong. Perhaps someone can shed some light?

tpatricks

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2004
Los Angeles, CA USA
Same here... sticking with what works...

aptenergy said:
I got

You'd think they'd actually TEST IT before releasing to the public. I've used Navicat with great success (gotta love that scheduler; though it deletes everything else in cron), CocoaMySQL is good, too, though needs an update.

It's possible that their MySQL Administrator ONLY works with their version of MySQL for Mac OSX. I'm using the original from Mac OS X Server, though don't know what the differences would be.

Really, you'd think they'd test it first. Really.

:eek:

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
tpatricks said:
You'd think they'd actually TEST IT before releasing to the public. I've used Navicat with great success (gotta love that scheduler; though it deletes everything else in cron), CocoaMySQL is good, too, though needs an update.

It's possible that their MySQL Administrator ONLY works with their version of MySQL for Mac OSX. I'm using the original from Mac OS X Server, though don't know what the differences would be.

Really, you'd think they'd test it first. Really.

:eek:
I'm using their version of MySQL and not the the one that came with my powerbook and still no luck.

DVW86

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2004
Washington State
Well I am using it on my iBook (localhost) and it works great. When I tried to connect to the Windows machine at work I got the same error. I hope that they get this figured out. I really like it and would love a functional OS X version.

blumie607

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2003
I'm getting the same "sql_mode" error message. Must be a problem in the software.

I'm trying to access a remote host.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.