Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse525

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
USA, New York
Hey everyone,

My girlfriend just bought her first Mac (iMac 20" Alum) recently after being a PC user for most of her life. She absolutely loves. In any case, she use to play a simple game on her PC called "RavenHearst: Mystery Case Files" and it's the kind of games she likes, the adventure/puzzle genre. So the first game for the Mac I though of was one of the Myst series of games. I'll probably go out and get "Myst IV Revelation" or "Myst: Exile", if I can find them. Can anyone recommend any more recent games in the genre? Thanks!

~e

Sijmen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
While Myst III: Exile is an awesome game, be aware that (as far as I know) it does not work on Intel Macs.

I think Myst IV: Revelations is great to start. It takes quite some time to finish. Then here's also Myst V and Uru to check out.

Also, imho the Myst games are unmatched.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
If she's really into Myst, take a look at Myst Online: Uru live. It's basically Myst that never ends. It's online, so you have to pay a monthly fee ($9.99). But since it's part of Gametap, you get access to all of their other games. I believe Cyan offers a free monthlong trial.

And, don't forget Myst V. Better than Myst III or IV, actually made by Cyan.

eclipse525

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
USA, New York
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll give them a shot. Just thought it's worth mentioning "Dream Chronicles" and/or "Ankh". I've played the demo of "Dream Chronicles" and its' similar to Ravenhearst but it seems to favor a younger audience. At least for me. I haven't played "Ankh", so if anyone has any experience with this game, let me know if it's any good.

~e

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.