Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rich1812

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2015
earth
It seems to me, whether it is Mojave, High Sierra or Sierra, after a power outage, my Mac re-boot automatically. After the re-boot, always some preference settings are changed, this especially noticeable for the displays. For example, I unchecked 'Use Stacks', after a re-boot the 'Use Stacks' is checked. In Mission Control, I checked 'Displays have separate Spaces' but after the re-boot, this check box mysteriously gone unchecked. Do other people have this issue? I have a late 2012 Mac Mini with Mojave 1.4.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2015
Paris
It seems to me, whether it is Mojave, High Sierra or Sierra, after a power a power outage, my Mac re-boot automatically. After the re-boot, always some preference settings are changed, this especially noticeable for the displays. For example, I unchecked 'Use Stacks', after a re-boot the 'Use Stacks' is checked. In Mission Control, I checked 'Displays have separate Spaces' but after the re-boot, this check box mysteriously gone unchecked. Do other people have this issue? I have a late 2012 Mac Mini with Mojave 1.4.

Very weird because these are not nvram stored settings

rich1812

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2015
earth
Weird indeed. I thought these kind of user settings would be written to a hidden file or something like that. I am also curious why this doesn't happen when I intentionally do a re-boot. Appreantly only happens to boot after the Mac shut downs

dsemf

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2014
Weird indeed. I thought these kind of user settings would be written to a hidden file or something like that. I am also curious why this doesn't happen when I intentionally do a re-boot. Appreantly only happens to boot after the Mac shut downs
Apparently some of the settings are not written to disk until a normal shutdown/reboot occurs.

DS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.