Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ijneb619

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2017
Texas
Hello Everyone,
I have been using the call handoff from mac to iphone when I leave the office for some time now but there are times where I want to use my Mac to continue the call.... I have seen older posts that don't have solutions about this but I am looking for fresh information and leads on how to do this...

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
AFAIK this cannot be done. You either answer on your phone or on your computer, and that's that until you hang up.

matt2053

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2012
It's not a supported feature of Handoff. Only handing off calls from Mac to Phone is supported. The only way to have the call on the Mac is to start the call on the Mac.
[doublepost=1502310377][/doublepost]
AFAIK this cannot be done. You either answer on your phone or on your computer, and that's that until you hang up.

No, if you answer on your Mac, you can move the call to your iPhone by tapping on the green "Return to Call" banner on the phone.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Just tried. Not possible. You can receive on the Mac and then pick up the phone and go. Not come to the Mac and pick up from there. Mac ain't just smart enough for that.

Looks like we need another Back To The Mac event where they would gather all the smarts they did with iOS and bring to the Mac.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
That direction isn't possible. Which bugs me, since the interface on the Mac doesn't let you enter numbers for non-voice-recognition menu systems.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
It's not a supported feature of Handoff. Only handing off calls from Mac to Phone is supported. The only way to have the call on the Mac is to start the call on the Mac.
[doublepost=1502310377][/doublepost]

No, if you answer on your Mac, you can move the call to your iPhone by tapping on the green "Return to Call" banner on the phone.
I stand corrected, thank you sir.

matt2053

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2012
That direction isn't possible. Which bugs me, since the interface on the Mac doesn't let you enter numbers for non-voice-recognition menu systems.

It actually does, you can just type the numbers on your keyboard (make sure the FaceTime app is open and has input focus).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.