Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2018
France
Hello there

Am I the only one tired by how the interface is pushing you to watch more and more shows?

It’s start with a trailer that you can skip, fair enough. But then at the end it’s got a screen during the credits and if you don’t go back to the credits, a new show is starting.

Is there a way to prevent it?

Reactions: !!!

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
Yes, you just click the back button as the program ends and go back to the main screen. But agreed it's mildly annoying.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
You DO know that you just described LITERALLY every streaming service, right? And in my opinion Apple TV is much less invasive and pushy than others. Like Netflix that just plays stuff unless you turn it off in settings. Or Hulu that bombards you and has the commercial volume at ~150% of content.

Not saying it isn't annoying, but as I'm watching Foundation I feel like it is nice and easy to just click on skip.

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
In terms of ease of use, of streaming services I have or have had in recent history, I'd probably give the highest marks to Disney+, then Apple+, Netflix, Paramount+ and Amazon Prime gets the lowest marks.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2018
France
Sorry, I usually download my shows on torrent websites. I got a trial of Apple TV+ a few days ago and also when it launched. If I recall at the beginning it was not implemented. But I understand they need to keep the viewer on as much as possible on the platform.

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
Paramount + is annoying offender with this too. I just hit the back button and go back in. Definitely not ideal, but it works for now.

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2020
You DO know that you just described LITERALLY every streaming service, right? And in my opinion Apple TV is much less invasive and pushy than others. Like Netflix that just plays stuff unless you turn it off in settings. Or Hulu that bombards you and has the commercial volume at ~150% of content.

Not saying it isn't annoying, but as I'm watching Foundation I feel like it is nice and easy to just click on skip.
Apple TV+ is pathetic.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Apple TV+ is pathetic.
Um, OK. Whatever. Your opinion obviously ... the fact that it has had some of the best shows of the last few years says there is at least some decent content, but taste is subjective.

And I fully support people 'voting with their wallet' ... don't like it, don't subscribe. But just don't pirate like the a$$hat earlier in the thread, because that negates any validity of your opinions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.