Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
What exactly do Naming Companies do? Is design a part of the benefits they provide?

Successful Sorcerer

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2019
What exactly do Naming Companies do? Is design a part of the benefits they provide?

There are a lot of companies operating within this field which also provide other services like design or development. In essence they come up with names which they also back up with a story and create a tone of voice for all written text.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
In essence they come up with names which they also back up with a story and create a tone of voice for all written text.
Can you be more analytical on this? What do you mean that they come up with names/stories/tone of voice? I dont understand, could you give any examples perhaps?

Szczelec33

Suspended
Dec 23, 2017
I should start my own naming company. after all I came up with my own brand called Artistic CounterCulture with a name and attitude to match it. Going against the grain so to speak of so-called modern design trends. Of so called big shots and wannabe superstars thst just copy others work or one another in reality.

Last edited:

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Whats your background? What should anybody's background should be, to start ones own naming company?

Szczelec33

Suspended
Dec 23, 2017
I think just being creative and good in multimedia. Maybe a journalism baxkground or copywriting or marketing combined with wrb and graphic design. Like me. I am a multimedia fuy and outside of journalism all self trained.

Szczelec33

Suspended
Dec 23, 2017
branding is the hot topic these days. It is much hotter and sexier of a thing than marketing. Branding is what makes the big bucks and companies are willing to respect you for.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I think just being creative and good in multimedia. Maybe a journalism baxkground or copywriting or marketing combined with wrb and graphic design. Like me. I am a multimedia fuy and outside of journalism all self trained.
When you say multimedia can you be more specific on what exactly do you mean? :)

buttongerald

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2016
St. John's, Newfoundland
When you say multimedia can you be more specific on what exactly do you mean? :)
Szczelec33 fancy's himself a sort of jack of all trades. That covers web design, advertising, 3D, etc. etc. I'm the same way to be honest. In school we never kept a clear focus on just Graphic Design (although we should have...). I learned the basics of Video Editing, 3D, and Illustration alongside many other Graphic Design related duties. Most of it thought was irrelevant to me, as I had been a hobbyist with it all prior to college, and most of the courses that were taught to us were nothing more than entry level courses to the software and a few simple projects.

Reactions: AngerDanger

buttongerald

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2016
St. John's, Newfoundland
Fixed that for you. While some of Szczelec33's work is interesting, he has an overinflated ego, delusions of grandeur, and seems to thing everyone else's art sucks. Take what he has to say with a MASSIVE grain of salt.
I never took anything he ever typed out here seriously. Hell, several of the slaps from the ban hammer he received were more than likely from reports I made of him. However it's worth noting now his profile is broken, as not long after he was un-silenced last time he went right into his old ways and found himself in trouble again.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
I never took anything he ever typed out here seriously. Hell, several of the slaps from the ban hammer he received were more than likely from reports I made of him. However it's worth noting now his profile is broken, as not long after he was un-silenced last time he went right into his old ways and found himself in trouble again.
Looks like he has a Twitter account, too, and that account’s suspended, too. Can’t see any of his tweets, but the replies seem to be that he’s a jerk no matter which platform he uses. Looks like he posted misogynistic stuff, racist (if not white supremacist) stuff, and just being an all around *******. Though his comments & conversations are somewhat entertaining, in a bad reality TV show way

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.