Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cubodado

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2022
Torino
Some time ago I downloaded an app named Nanogram whose scope was to use Telegram even under cellular mode. Now Telegram has disappeared from Apple Watch -apart from notifications-, I still have Nanogram on my watch that I can use to send Telegram messages (in particular in my town there is a bot for updated bus times): I read that the app was abandoned by the developer, and I can't see it any more on the app store.
Does anyone have news about this app? Is there an alternative in case it will be deleted or I have to restore the watch?
Is there any way to avoid deleting of apps from watch and keeping the last version? Recently important third party apps like Telegram, Messenger and Microsoft Authenticator disappeared from watch.

firewire9000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2015
The app is dead because the developer has a big beef with Apple, so forget it. Also, it wasn’t even updated to the bigger screens of the new watches. I recently moved to a new app called Pigeon, much much better than Nanogram ever was. It’s been regularly updated and you can actively chat with the developer using Twitter.

Last edited:

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
The app is dead because the developer has a big beef with Apple, so forget it. Also, it wasn’t even updated to the bigger screens of the new watches. I recently moved to a new app called Pigeon, much much better than Nanogram was ever was. It’s been regularly updated and you can actively chat with the developer using Twitter.
Just DL the trial. Looks really good so far.

Reactions: firewire9000

cubodado

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2022
Torino
Thank you for the advice. The full app seems nice but expansive for what it does, Watchchat for whatsapp, as an example, has more free features, costs less (has a lifetime subscription opportunity too). The free Pigeon app lets you just read messages from what I saw, even a simple answer to the first conversation is impossible. Until Nanogram works, I can use it to write Telegram messages and I can use Pigeon to see a picture. Didn’t try it with vocals or multimedia. Didn’t try cellular, in Watchchat it doesn’t work yet (they’re working on it) .

I saw Pigeon has a free trial, doesn’t specify how long it is.

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
Thank you for the advice. The full app seems nice but expansive for what it does, Watchchat for whatsapp, as an example, has more free features, costs less (has a lifetime subscription opportunity too). The free Pigeon app lets you just read messages from what I saw, even a simple answer to the first conversation is impossible. Until Nanogram works, I can use it to write Telegram messages and I can use Pigeon to see a picture. Didn’t try it with vocals or multimedia. Didn’t try cellular, in Watchchat it doesn’t work yet (they’re working on it) .

I saw Pigeon has a free trial, doesn’t specify how long it is.
It is a week. I quite like it so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.