Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
Hello,

I installed today update to tvOS 12 and I cannot find NASA Screensaver? Where is it in system? Cannot find in Screensaver settings.

AJS-Mac

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2015
They are included in the Aerial screensavers and are not a seperate category. You also need too wait for them to be downloaded after upgrading. Check your download settings (Never/Daily/Weekly/Monthly) to see when the screensavers will be downloaded.

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
the size cannot be changed, at least not that i know of.

What it actually says is:

"Each video can be up to 650 MB. You can change your selection at any time."

The two sentences are not related. The second sentence means you can change the setting of Daily/Weekly/Monthly at any time.

Michelasso

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2012
Treviso, Italy
I have installed tvOS 12 since beta 1 and I have never got the NASA screensavers. I checked all of them swiping while in preview, if there is a new screensaver is the snowy one (not sure if it was there in 11.4). Nothing from space. Xcode reports about 5GB free, and then being the flash memory a temporary buffer it shouldn't be an issue. Is there a way to force their download? Obviously I have set the screensaver to download it daily. I really don't feel like I want to do a full reset (although it isn't so bad like in Android TV, basically at most everything goes back to what it was before. Few logins apart, like in Netflix, maybe).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.