Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
This is why apple had to step up and start making their own applications. I have no doubt that apple is working on a spreadsheet app. Hopefully the package keynote, pages, (new spreadsheet app), and filemaker.

One thing that would be missing is a answer to entourage .... Maybe apple could combine mail, ical, addressbook into one app.

Bendit

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2003
Toronto, Canada
macridah said:
This is why apple had to step up and start making their own applications. I have no doubt that apple is working on a spreadsheet app. Hopefully the package keynote, pages, (new spreadsheet app), and filemaker.

One thing that would be missing is a answer to entourage .... Maybe apple could combine mail, ical, addressbook into one app.

I can't see Apple releasing a File Maker alternative.

dstorey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2002
they can just make a filemaker lite, just as they did in iLife when they made garage band from Logic technology. Most logical would be to put a front end onto SQLite and core data, as it is already in Tiger. Add a few templates for common home and small business tasks, and auto import or make it easy to retrieve data already stored in core data, such as iTunes song information or iPhoto images etc. It wouldn't have high end features, as they sell Filemaker for this, so SQLite should be enough and have good performance. I'd expect both iLife '06 and iWork '06 to be more tightly integrated with Tiger and probably require it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.