Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
My Apple Watch is close to perfect for the gym now I've found a great native app for tracking weight training in "Fitness Point", highly recommended!

Also have Bluetooth headphones which I bought cheaply from Amazon, "SoundPEATS QY7", which do the job I need good enough at the moment. I will upgrade once I've proved to myself I'll use them enough but great for a first pair of Bluetooth headphones.

However, I pretty much exclusively listen to Podcasts. I downloaded an album to test listening to music and updating my workout using "Fitness Point", to check how I managed in the gym with just the watch and it was fantastic. Having a 6S Plus, it's a pain carrying around the gym.

I've searched everywhere but can't find a native Podcast app anywhere.

I have searched Google and the forums but haven't found a recent post that states one isn't available and I'm trying to convince myself that surely there must be?!

Can anyone help me out? If not, has anyone found a workaround that doesn't require connecting my phone to a computer?

Won't Overcast -podcast player with watch support be what you are looking for

Overcast: Podcast Player by Overcast Radio, LLC
https://appsto.re/gb/jhe90.i

Nope, that's not native.

Can anyone help me out? If not, has anyone found a workaround that doesn't require connecting my phone to a computer?
I'm not even sure how connecting your iPhone to a computer would do anything. But to answer your question, I'm not aware of anything. If you have a way of transferring/downloading them as songs, that would probably be your easiest way, but I've never tried to do that before.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
you should be able to make a playlists of podcast via iTunes (in the MUSIC tab, NOT playlists), then sync that to your watch.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 4.19.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 4.19.13 PM.png
    83 KB · Views: 216

Ruja

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Yeah, I think it's currently the only way. However, I was bothering myself if now with watch os 3, there's something new in order to do it easier. Anybody can answer that?

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.