Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 14, 2020
Got this today and it is my first time getting a case for the AirPods in one year of owning them.
the fit is not bad, I was apprehensive with reviews stating it would give a muffin-top look to the AirPods. It is thin, and feels really good. Best feeling leather out of all 3.
I am looking forward to the patina, it does crease easy, the leather is soft without a plastic shell behind and I have crease marks during install/reinstall already.
Do you have one of these? If so share, even nomad.

I didn’t get the brown because I thought it’d look like poo...
This is sage.
973E5E44-A821-4578-BCF6-19CDA038BEED.png
281A7BEF-28B5-49A3-9A64-AECB38F1F784.png
F5FC840B-A08E-4307-B2C6-B6ED4FB7E8DC.png

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
I have the Native Union and the only thing I don't like is that the fit isn't great. Can't get the cap part to fit all the way around so there's always the white of the AirPods showing underneath. Also got creased and now the crease won't go away. I like the leather, but not sure I love the case overall.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 14, 2020
I have the Native Union and the only thing I don't like is that the fit isn't great. Can't get the cap part to fit all the way around so there's always the white of the AirPods showing underneath. Also got creased and now the crease won't go away. I like the leather, but not sure I love the case overall.
Haha same here.
fit is better than I expected. I feel the way to do this is return/exchange till you get a good one.
mine is creased as well.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 14, 2020
So this is how my around 1 year old case looked like vs my new case.
I wanted to get a case to try and see if I like it, at $40+ This is more expensive than an apple care incident @ $29.
Silicone ones were bleh.
Nomad has excellent fit but the color, plastic, and bulk made me steer away.
Only product left was this native union which involved a luck of the draw to get a well fitting case.
I am still not sold on this case idea.
It feels better than plastic, but at the same time pinches, and doesn’t fit perfect. Plus, leather is a material that has to be replaced, I use leather wipes but i do not see the value in spending $40 repeatedly when I can get a new case for $29.
C6EDAB7B-93ED-44F8-9499-8106C6FB64C5.jpeg

SoColdChris

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2022
a lot of people say they couldn’t get theirs to fit and i was having the same issue until i worked it on and off a few times and pressed it down evenly and carefully, this is how it looks now, not perfectly even as it’s soft leather with no frame but definitely not as uneven as i’ve seen lmao

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 89

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 14, 2020
I lost my case + case for case last year and have been enjoying the white plastic again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.